Monday 3 October 2011

Revolving doors

I feel like I'm going round in circles lately. Wrote this a while ago and came back to it today which I think proves my point.

Empty handed and alone in a revolving door,
Confused, I can't seem to find the exit,
Increasingly dizzy, the cheerful lift music,
Inside the revolving door is on repeat,
People come and go, seemingly at will,
Some in pairs, some with shopping bags,
Full of groceries and commodities,
I watch them as I revolve around,
Around in the revolving door.


Here's a song from Wilco's new album which is brilliant.
Seeing them soon, should be good.


3 comments:

  1. Wilco CD! In my bedroom! Seriously though, they say everything is circles. Is it necessarily bad?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some things are cyclical and some things are linear. Both have drawbacks.

    ReplyDelete